At the heart of every successful business lies a competent and talented marketing team. While erecting an in-house team is on every business owner’s mind, it is an immensely expensive proposition, especially for new and small businesses. But is there any wisdom in relegating your marketing efforts to the margins, safely filed under the category of items to be taken care of in the future.
The good news is, there is a way to hire qualified marketing personnel without the high costs. When you hire a virtual marketing assistant, not only does your business save a great deal of money, it also gets the marketing prowess it needs to succeed.
Virtual marketing assistants hold years of market experience and are adept at handling a variety of tasks, from conducting email campaigns to creating promotional material. Hire a virtual marketing assistant to support your marketing efforts. With a VA on board, you can finally work smarter, not harder.
What is a Virtual Marketing Assistant?
A virtual marketing assistant is a professional that offers administrative, strategic as well as clerical support to your marketing team remotely. By taking over day-to-day marketing tasks, they ensure the smooth functioning of your marketing gears. Moreover, hiring a virtual marketing assistant proves to be more efficient than hiring full-time since VAs are compensated for based on the number of hours they work. This works out especially well for startups and small businesses looking to scale, but in an affordable manner.
Hiring a virtual marketing assistant can allow a business owner to focus on more strategic goals while daily operations run smoothly in the background. Depending on the requirement of the business and the specific skill set of a virtual marketing assistant, you can delegate several tasks ranging in complexity.
What Can a Virtual Marketing Assistant Do?
A list of general tasks that a virtual marketing assistant can handle with ease and competence:
- Developing strategies
- Hosting events
- Supervising projects
- Generating online traffic
- Realizing return on investments
- Lead generation and conversion
- Conducting marketing research
- Supervising researches and surveys
- Evaluating analysis and Interpretation
Social Media Management
- Content supervision
- Updating social media handles
- Traffic analysis
- Promotion strategies
- Managing responses
- Collecting feedback
- Replying to comments and questions
Steps to Hire a Virtual Marketing Assistant
It is easier to find a generalist virtual marketing assistant than one with a niche skill set. In any case, this is how you can go about finding the right person for the job.
1. Prepare a job description
Creating a job description is the first step in your search for a virtual assistant. It should briefly describe the organization and its objectives. A good job description should clearly and concisely state the tasks and duties expected to be performed by the employee. It should also mention the required levels of education, skill and experience as well as specific skills, if any. Once your job description is ready, get ready to post it across online forums and platforms.
2. Look at the right platforms
The next step is to choose from an abundance of virtual assistant agencies and online platforms. Pay special attention to testimonials and pricing to find the right one. Once the platform has been selected, post your job description to invite applications.
3. Review applications and shortlist
Once your listing starts receiving responses, start shortlisting candidates for the interview rounds. It’s important to interview candidates before a final selection to ascertain their personality traits and determine whether they’re the right person for the job.
4. Begin work immediately
Once you’re through with the interviews, you can begin work immediately. This is perhaps the best part about working with virtual assistants – you don’t need to invest weeks in training and orientation. They’re good to go once they’re on board!
Virtual Marketing Assistant Job Description Samples
Virtual Marketing Assistant Job Description Sample 1
We are an e-commerce platform of XYZ Marketing Private Limited, designed to enhance your shopping experience. At XYZ, you find a comprehensive list of e-commerce websites, latest coupons, deals, offers and on top of that, you earn cashback every time you shop through us. That's why we call ourselves your online piggy bank. We understand your needs and bring to you a plethora of websites to choose from. We have tailored our services in 14 categories including fashion, household, travel, sports & fitness, home, living & furniture, personal care, baby & kids, etc. We need a proactive virtual marketing assistant who can come forward to work with us and share our values
Roles and responsibilities
- Strategize and execute digital marketing activities of the company
- Plan and execute all web, SEO/SEM, marketing database, email, social media and display advertising campaigns
- Design, build and maintain social media presence
- Measure the performance of digital marketing campaigns
- Brainstorm new growth strategies
- Evaluate customer experience across multiple channels
- Conduct keyword research and web statistics reporting
- Develop and integrate content marketing strategies
- Perform consumer research to discover other ways of reaching customers via the internet
- Continuous review and active management of website and other online assets
- Creation and execution of SMS and email-based marketing campaigns & assist with lead generation
- Should have relevant experience
- Should be of graduate level
- Can work from home
- Skill(s) required: MS-Word, SEO/SEM and English Proficiency (Spoken)
Virtual Marketing Assistant Job Description Sample 2
We are a media company that aims to provide free and quality first-level research on various topics. We require a virtual marketing assistant who can work with passion for us.
Roles and responsibilities
- Develop a growth strategy focused on customer satisfaction
- Conduct research to identify new markets
- Arrange meetings with prospective clients
- Promote company products and services addressing/predicting client's objectives
- Keep record of sales, revenue and invoices
- Build relationships with customers
- Proven working experience as a marketing assistant
- Proven track record
- Proficiency in English
- Knowledge of MS Office
- Communication and negotiation skills
- Time management and planning skills
- Self-motivated with a result driven approach
How Much Does a Virtual Marketing Assistant Cost?
Virtual marketing assistants are typically compensated per hour with rates varying across countries. Their price will also change with the specific skill sets they hold.
Benefits of Hiring a Virtual Marketing Assistant
1. Improved efficiency
Hiring a virtual marketing assistant can improve the overall efficiency of your business. Once you and your marketing team have some much-needed support, it’s only a matter of time before you experience improved work performances.
2. Cost effective
Since virtual marketing assistants are compensated based on the scope of work, employers don’t have to pay huge money to assemble teams. Hiring VAs is extremely beneficial to small business or startups. Despite their low cost, virtual marketing assistants bring a wealth of skills and experience to the table.
3. 24*7 support
When you hire a virtual marketing assistant from a different time zone, you get 24*7 support for your business. Your virtual assistant neither needs official holidays nor vacation leaves. Once you have this kind of valuable round-the-clock support for your business, your marketing efforts are supercharged.
4. Improved quality of life
Running a small business has many challenges, chief among them a ‘busy’ life. But when you hire a virtual marketing assistant, you have enough time and bandwidth to focus on other areas of your life. Hire a virtual marketing assistant to take care of crucial marketing tasks and let go of stress.
Now that you know exactly why you need a qualified virtual marketing assistant, it’s time to get started. Contact Wishup for a free consultation and meet your next virtual assistant in a few hours!
Subscribe to Wishup Blog
Get the latest posts delivered right to your inbox